Daisypath Wedding tickers

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

::WELCOMING 2009--The Resolutions::

I am writing this right after the new year's countdown on TV3. Yes, I was watching ALLY-The Talkshow. But please, not because it featured Fasha Sandha. But because I do like Ally's personality and on top of that, I am celebrating my new year at home, with my very own self. Like every year...~

Alhamdulillah, we are now in 2009. The new year has just begun yet the clock never stops ticking. Thank you, Allah SWT for giving me the chance to experience the year of 2008 which was full of happiness and tears that have raised me better as a daughter, a friend, and on top of that, as a caliph on this earth. Alhamdulilah again and again.

So, what do I have in the closet for my new 2009? And do I have to 'extend the closet' to give enough rooms for old resolution(s) which to be carried forward? That's most probably why I am writing this one right now.

Being the typical me, I've never had like ties of resolutions for my new year. Like many others, I do keep my list, but it is a short one. And simple. That's most importanto!

Looking back at my 2008's resolutions in retrospect, I bet I've got nothing to be carried forward, but, my 2009's resolutions might sound more or less identical to those I had in the previous year:

1. To complete my research proposal by this semester (at least before finals)

2. To get the proposal approved by my supervisor (expecting a few alterations though)

3. To get my thesis done before Sept this year.

4. To maintain my CGPA (I know I must dare swallow all pains that would likely to come across)

5. To submit application for pursuing PhD to be included in the June/Sept 2010 intake in Columbia University and at the same time find scholarship or study grant.

Ameen.

Those are just resolutions. And the next important things to it are always perseverance and determination. I am the beget who carries the important role in making the list turn into desired reality.

I have been gabfesting about 2009's resolutions with many ones for the past few days. And I am ultimately happy knowing that some of my dear kakaks (my classmates) and lovely peeps are planning to tie the knot in 2009. Alhamdulillah and congratulations to all of them. Some did ask, "Aren't you planning for something really big, Intan?". I got the meaning right then.

I might not have the accurate answer for this question but I'm not saying that I was offended or anything. And to be exact, I felt completely nothing, maybe numb and not petriefied at all. I used to encounter such a question with lough and stupid smile. But oh well, everyone wants to get married. I know some people 'choose not to get married'. At least, that's not what I am going to choose. But, that could also be my 'last resort'. Ngahaha! Simpang malaikat patplohpat...~

Amidst this life's challenges, barriers and tests, I am a strong believer to the fact that "manusia dicipta berpasang-pasangan". I also strongly belief that the partner fated for me is someone who completes my weaknesses and I'll complete him as well. That what makes this love life more meaningful. Someone who can accepts me with all of my weaknesses (as much as I love him the way he is), and it refers to the man whom I credit a husband would treasure.

So, I let the time to determine that part for me and I am keeping the faith and praying hard that everything I have in my life now is the best for me and my future, insyaAllah.

I always tell myself that I must put myself first, at least before the moment I make decision like what my friends' did in this life. Because I do understand that once a person decided to get married, it means sharing things together for the rest of the life for all sweets and bitter reasons the world would offer.

All I need for my current life and future is the ample spaces for me to settle things properly and to be who I wanna be. That's the answer to the five newborn resolutions. Ghee!

So here I am tonight.

Celebrating the blast of new year at home sweet home and still lovinit!

Last but not least, I'm wishing everyone a HAPPY NEW YEAR 2009!



2 comments:

AieSha said...

selamat tahun baru intan!!

KERISMAWATI said...

Selamat Tahun Baru, Aie.

All the best in 2009 eks!
=)