Daisypath Wedding tickers

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Saturday, December 6, 2008

::r u n w a y AT h a l l o f f a m e::


I first thought that I was already late for the event which supposed to start at 2.30 pm.

I'd plan to anticipate my trip to the Lim Kok Wing University as it's my very first visit there, so I can take a little sight seeing before the event begins at the stated time. Unforunately, my schedule of the day was rather crazy and I can only make it there at +-3 pm. Lucky enough, I faced no problem in finding the location of the university and I must thank Rico for the pointers!

When I was about to reach the instituion's main entrance, I saw rows of rides being parked by the roadside and a few of them did double park though. So I wonder, if the rides belong to the students, why didn't they choose to park inside the campus area?

Upon the post guard, a Nepal man dressed in Safeguards attire greet me with a warmth helo, "This way, mam", he showed me where to park. I replied, "Where can I get free parking in here?". He then replied me by pointing to the rows of rides outside I saw earlier. I finally got the answer, the students would rather take the risks since they have to pay for the parking the institution provides inside. RM3 for the first hour and RM1 for the subsequent hours. Darn expensive, init?

A foreign student of the insitution offered following-pointers to get me to the 'Hall of Fame'- the venue I was searching for. "How nice of him", I thought. "Are you here for your sibling?", he asked. "Er, for my friend's fashion show", I replied. I thank him for his very kind favor when I've finally reached the HoF, or else, I would be seen more than a complete stranger in there.

At the hall's entrance, a lady greeted me with a welcoming smile and warmth hand-shake. "The show is about to begin in 30 minutes time. So, perhaps you would like to visit out gallery first", she explained.

The next thing I know I was already in one of the galleries in Lim Kok Wing University, feasting my eyes with the masterpieces of the students. They placed almost all kinds of the students' products ranging from architecture miniatures and outline plans, futuristic designs and sculptures, paintings and depictions, lines of the communication students' products and towards the end of the gallery, they placed outstanding drawings and garments by the Fashion Designing and Retail Materials' graduating students.

I must say that the gallery is modern and well equipped with state-of-the art technologies that make everything that they have inside look terrific! I mustn't ponder that much why their single semester fees cost more than what I paid for my six semesters. For families who can seriously afford to send their children to Lim Kok Wing, I guess it's going to be a worthwhile investments, insyaAllah.

The show started at around 3.30pm. I went into the HoF with a kind assistance of a sweet girl in the committee, directing me to where I was suppose to seat. Lucky me, I got the very front seat and the runway is just a metre in front of me! I got the bestest view of the day.

They hit the show with three distinct themes and I was enjoying myself very much. The new comers are simply talented, smart and bold. Although some of the garments are less practical and only meant for runway, but we must still appreciate what they have presented on the day. Each of the designers-of-the-day who are actually the 31 graduating students prepared six garments. It means that the audiences had 186 outstanding garments in one stretch of the show! "Creativity Unlimited" was the perfect theme an no one should ever doubt it.

Rico, the most celebrated designer of the day had presented more than six garments- the emcee wore his dress though! And I must say that Rico presented the most terrific ones. The dominant color was maroon and black, but he played with the blinking sequines of all sizes all over his garments. The crowd gave a huge applause and I saw the daughter of Lim Kok Wing was also mesmerized. Bright future awaits, bro!

I know that Rico's cut to be one renowned designer someday. I'll always pray for that, Amin. He's done with his Diploma in Fashion Designing this year and is already active in the industry he loves the most by now. He's damn lucky because he only paid fees for his first three semesters and studied in the remaining semesters for free since he got scholarship from the institution over his impressive results. The hardworking boy deserves that very much, I know.

All the best, brother!
=)


No comments: