Daisypath Wedding tickers

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Sunday, December 7, 2008

::My EidulAdha Eve::

Performing tawaf
Masjidil Haram, Mecca

It's sharp 2 am in the morning at this very moment.

It's EidulAdha's eve. Tonight reminds me of the precious experiences that I and my parents had back in 1998, the year we performed our Haj. At this time, we were still in Mina, waiting for our turn to be sent back to Mecca to perform the much awaited tawaf and sai'e before finally we can declare the title of Haji and Hajjah.

I was only 14 year-old at that time. Very young, so I followed whatever my parents and ustaz told me to do.

Mina resembles the notion of Padang Mahsyar- the venue where all Muslims will be gathered during afterlife. Millions of people in one placed. It's highly crowded, but everyone loved the scene.

When we were brought back to Masjidil Haram to perform our tawaf and sai'e, the sacred mosque was less crowded. My group was amongst the first to be brought back to Mecca. Alhamdulillah, given such an advantage, we managed to perform our seven-rounds-tawaf quite comfortable. After I completed my tawaf and before moving to sai'e, I joined my parents and the mutawwif for a solat sunat and Alhamdulillah, we managed to performed the solat facing the al-Multazam, and it's said that al-multazam is one of the best places for do'a and do'a are answered in this place. InsyaAllah.

When I was staring the Kaabah in astonisment, my conscience told me to bring myself and my parents near to the hajarul aswad and kiss it. By that time, pilgrims have already flooded the mosque from Mina. The mutawwif explained to me that it was not easy to hit for a chance within the huge crowd but at the same time he reminded me to keep reading the do'a and insyaAllah, Allah SWT will make it easier for me and my parents.

Hand in hand, I brought my parents into the crowd. We cannot simply crossed the moving crowd who were performing their tawaf, so that we had to make a single round to make it easier to bring ourselves nearer to the spot. 'Rabbi yassir wala tu'assir robbi tammim bil khoiri'. It's a do'a I learned during my Haj course months before I left for Mecca. A simple yet powerful do'a. Allahuakbar.

Upon reaching the hajarul aswad, I saw the huge policeman, who stood next to the stone looking at me. I pulled my parents to get them nearer to the spot before a huge miracle happened to us. The policeman said something in Arabic to the crowd who were struggling to get a chance to kiss the hajarul aswad and pointing at me and my parents. All I could understand was, "Ladies first, ya Haj!" He kept saying that and he pulled my shoulder to get me and my parents in the first line of the crowd. I burst in tears when I got the very chance to kissed the hajarul aswad, and I kissed twice before letting my parents to get their chance. Then, the policemen helped me and my parents to pull through the crowd and 'freed' us. Subhanallah.

I was petrified and couldn't say anything at that very moment. I still feel like dreaming when recalling the memory. From then I keep telling myself that nothing's impossible in this life. With hard work, perseverance, determination and continuous do'a, Allah SWT, the almighty will show me the way to make things happen. InsyaAllah. Allah SWT has never break His promises, but we did. Astaghfirullahal'azim.

Before we moved to the sai'e area, we had a few cups of zam-zam water near to the well underneath the Masjidil Haram. There used to be a place where pilgrims can drink the zam-zam water straight from the well and people could also take their wudhuk in there, but recently I heard that the mosque' caretakers have closed the area and what's left available for the pilfgrims are the barrels of zam-zam water that they've accomodated all over the mosque.

Finally, we moved to the sai'e area. By that time, the crowd have already flooded all over the place, but it's a beutiful depictions when I'd the chance to see people of distinct colors and races gathered in one single place for Allah SWT. Everyone was in their ihrams, white in color and it reflects that all humans are just the same, regardless of our status or hierachy. Allah SWT doesn't count on that. What make us difference are the iman and 'amal.

Once we done the sai'e, it was the time for us to release the ihram by cutting the hair a little (for women and men) or men can also go for a total shaving. My dad chose the latter. Alhamdulillah. We've performed one of the big rukun Islam but we still keep our wish to pay for a second Haj. InsyaAllah.

A week after the Haj, we left for Dubai to pay some relatives a visit. Before returning to Kuala Lumpur, we dropped by in Jordan for two days. And finally we were at home sweet home :)

If people were to ask about my sweetest memory, I would say, "My Haj experiences are on top."

I keep one promise to myself. Once I started working, I'll start funding for another Haj in the future. Perhaps with my parents and beloved husband. The man Allah SWT has fated for me that only future can tell.

SALAM AIDILADHA!


=)

Ow, it's already 3.38am. How time flies..~






No comments: