Daisypath Wedding tickers

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

::Malay Must Not Easily Forget::


"Malay forgets easily". And that is a famous quotation by the country's former First Man, Tun Dr. Mahathir Mohammed. He confessed that in tears.

For those who missed the life telecast which aired Dr.Mahathir reading his poem, they can still feel the agony expressed by him. Although he is born mixed blood, but Dr.Mahathir's passion and sacrifices for the Malays are undoubtedly greater compared to those pure Malays.

Malays were overly pampered during Dr.Mahathir's administration. He introduced, imposed and enforced ties of schmes, programmes and institutions that are meant to protect his beloved constituents. To my belief, personally and exclusively, Dr.Mahathir is more than mere 'Bapa Perindustrian'. He is an evergreen-Malay-iconic-leader in every ways! Not too much of exaggeration, right?

Dr.Mahathir has anticipated the fate and future of Malays as he knew the true colors of the people of his race. Therefore, during his 23-year-admnistration, he has put many 'evacuation programmes' in practice that attemp to help the Malays survive within the stiff competition with other races.

Although his administration experienced series of tough crticisms, especially by the opposition political parties, but we can go and ask Malays out there including me, did we lived in daunting condition during Mahathir's time? I personally will answer a BIG NO.

Institut Teknologi Mara (ITM) gained its university status during Mahathir's legacy and due to his tireless efforts, the insitution remains as the resemblance of ketuanan Melayu in this land. Amanah Saham Berhad (ASB) and Amanah Saham Nasional (ASN) are two effective means to help the Malays thrive in their lives when the time comes.

Above all, he preserved the Malays' rights in a draconian way whilst protecting the lives of other races with very sensible ways that had led the country's harmony and potential economic growth. People at that time had nothing much to dispute. Everything was right in place.

I was born back in 1984. The very day I started to learn this life, Dr.Mahathir was already in the picture. I witnessed his successful legacy and I have no doubt to thank Dr.Mahathir for what me, my family and contituents have today. I was accepted to pursue my Degree in UiTM. My total educational fees (six semesters) cost less than what students in Lim Kok Wing have to pay for just one semester. And again, I am now pursuing my Masters Degree in UiTM.

Although he has left the administration and the baton is now in his self-picked successor's grip, Abdullah Ahmad Badawi, I still felt that the benefits I am enjoying today as a Malaysian are very much what Dr.Mahathir has left for us, the Malays, the Malaysians and our beloved Malaysia.

So Malays, we mustn't easily forget. Learn to appreciate this life better than we did previously. Unlike before, we are now very much on our own to keep ourselves going.

With hard work, perseverance and determination, undoubtedly, Malays can be really successful and better respected in the eyes of the world. InsyaAllah.

I LOVE MALAYSIA.

2 comments:

AieSha said...

Mahathir=bapa pemodenan.. ermm..

tapi aku tak brp suka dia.. heh..

KERISMAWATI said...

=)


Tapi ako suka dia.