Daisypath Wedding tickers

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Friday, January 30, 2009

:Living Like an OKU:

The Shape of My Friendship! This is one thing that keeps me going.

I guess the toes have taken too much of my attention.

As much as I have sacrificed my blogging hours for attending the toes.

But, the attention I devoted to the toes weren't futile at all. I went for a dressing session just now in the morning.

"The wounds look beutiful, Intan", the doctor said in big smile while undressing the bandages which have been there for the past nine days.
"How can those toes without nails be beutiful, doc?", I asked in ignorance. "Your wounds have healed. Quite fast than what I've expected for your particular condition", he replied in his very polite voice. And the doctor is a quite-good-looking man, though ;)

Alhamdulillah.
Allah SWT has answered my prays all these while. I really need the wounds to recuperate fast. I really need to get rid of those bandages that enfold my toes very tightly. The condition is never comfortable for me.

But, enduring this condition is way better than standing the pains caused by the in-growing toe nails. The nails were like 'growing thorns ' in my flesh!
Three days ago, finally I got myself behind the wheel. Ahh, since the surgery, I've been in dire need to be able to drive again. I hate the idea that I always need assistants to bring me to places I want to go.

Once in the driver's seat, one of the doctor's funny statements triggeed in my head. "If you're going anywhere, you're now eligible to park at the OKU's parking bays. Even if you're not the driver. As long as you're in the car, so everyone can enjoy the benefit!". Heh.

Living life this way gives me sobering thoughts of this life. Out of Allah SWT's perfect creation, I've taken my life for granted in certain ways though. I finally realized that I've overuse the cliche so much, 'Nothing's Perfect'. But the fact is, humans can always be 'perfectable' out of the cliche's notion. As a human, I am the one who make all pieces of decisions in my life.
The bandages are still on my toes.
I've to admit that it's pretty difficult to move, to work, to put on the flip-flops and the hardest part is during my bathing times. I've to keep the wounds dry from any kinds of wetness. So, you go and imagine the condition I'm explaining now.

Ibu always advices me not to use my foots too much. The doctor advices so. The muscles need to rest. But I know I cannot just send commands for people to get my things done. I kept telling myself that I can move. I can drive. The process to putting on those flip flops would be easier after few times practices and I can bath like normal. In simpler words, I can work my-things-by-myself and should not take advantage over others' willingness that could over pampered me. Done deal.

Each time I found it hard to work in this condition, I remind myself that this temporary weakness is never a biggie. There are thousands of people with the same or in tougher conditions out there, yet they survived really well and even seized significant victories in their lives. They are real high achievers in ths world.


So, why shouldn't I?

:)







No comments: