Daisypath Wedding tickers

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Friday, January 2, 2009

::Treasuring the Second Day of 2009--From Downtown~Uptown::

+ The borderless BORDERS that excites me!+

+'Plastic Sneakers'!+


Me and Ibu made made our way to the downtown to meet the cousin yesterday before both of us decided to do a little cookies' shopping at Ikea. I can never resist all of the Sweedish cookies the shop have got to offer and Ibu just can't get enough of Ikea's curry puffs. 'Half-a-dozen' is the ordinary order that will do good for her.

The decision to went uptown wasn't due to just those two plain factors because most importantly, I needed to find new reading materials for my thesis and perhaps the additional task assigned by Prof. Madya Adnan (we got the Dean to teach us this semester) has put me in strong encouragement to feast my eyes with new books. BORDERS has got all that to offer!

Since my very first visit to the Curve's outlet which I did like four months ago, I've so fallen in love with the bookstore. In this case, I must thank my classmates for sucessfully seducing me to experience the BORDERS. Exactly like what have been peddled by them, true enough, the BORDERS has got something in difference. And I am talking about the nuance it offers to the visitors.

I guess I was quite late to experience this good feeling about the new bookstore for the people in town. But being late is just whole lots better than never. Init...? :))

Like I always do, once I stepped into the bookstore, I'll definitely get myself to visit 'History' area. BORDERS offers almost six to seven shelfs to allocate books pertinent to histories- ranging from World History, Southeast Asia History, America History, South Africa History, Renaissance, etc. I found six splendid books but yet to get myself even one. I bet I've got to try Amazon.com's quotations before purchasing those that penetrated my heart.

All I got for my reading from the bookstore was book which provides an introductory ideas pertaining to the Malaysian Law & Legislation. That's gonna be my dear guardian, I hope!

After a solid two-hours visit to the BORDERS, it was already the time for me and Ibu to return home. But before we do that, we had a coffee break at one of the cafes facing the pedestrian crossing lane. And over chit-chat, I saw something I like that gave me a reason to still be proud of being a Malaysian.

It's one particular thing about Malaysian drivers when they were driving upon the yellow stripes in front of the Curve's main enrance- they give ways to the pedestrians. Sorry to say, but as a matter of being honest, this is completely something I rarely found elsewhere in KL and other places countrywide and everytime I used that particular road, I don't really feel like I was in Malaysia. Too bad but it's true though.

Next, Ibu realized that she needed to find a few groceries. So while she did her thingys, I made my way to the nearby Crocs. I have never thought of purchasing a pair of 'plastic sneakers', but some friends have strongly recommended me to try one since it's adviceable for me to wear shoes that are light and comfortable (the right toe is recuperating from an in-growing toe nail..Again! Dem!)

Unluckily for my foots (but lucky for my purse!), I failed to find one that could fit me well. The shop attendance explained to me that there's actually one problem with Crocs' shoes- some Malaysians cannot fit the shoes well. They might got the pairs either too tight or too loose and apparently I'm one of them...~
Crocs doesn't offer sizes like 7 1/2 (like many sport shoes do). So, my swollen toe cannot fit size 7 and 8 looks lousy anyway. Ngehaha!

Me and Ibu finally reached home within 30 minutes time after we left Ikea (I did a good job for being able to find the right way back to the parking bay. I used to lost in the middle of labyrinth of Ikea though). It wasn't like our previous visit when we had to struggle for almost 35 minutes just to find the right way back to the parking bay.

Right after Maghrib, I had a date with my High School boys and girls at Ayza. Meeting my friends is one of the bestest things in my life that I couldn't resist We gabfested on ties of issues ranging from good ones to freaking craps but still lovinit :))

So, that's how I treasured my second day of 2009!

It was a DAY for me and I want more like it.

:)






2 comments:

anwar azhari said...

huhuhu..

rindu giler nak makan kat Ayza..!!

hahahaha..

KERISMAWATI said...

Nanti kalu ade family Azhari yg nak pi Egypt suroh depa tapau makanan Ayza eks!

:)