Daisypath Wedding tickers

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Saturday, January 10, 2009

::I Definitely LOVE My SaturDAY!::

At the point when I almost rest the case, I finally hit the right heaven.

I had put hope to find books that I need for my dear references in writing my thesis. So I tried both MPH and the BORDERS previously.

But those bookstores do not offer many books relevance to media studies. I'm MPH cardholder and I'm loving the ambience the BORDERS offers, yet, I successfully found book I needed the most at KINOKUNIYA.

I found one of the text books that I'll be using for Telecommunication Media Management (COM507)- that adds another smile on my face today. So hopefully, I won't be rambling dismayingly anymore. Heh.

MPH used to have a few shelfs which accommodated good books on media studies. But out of no reason, the management has finally removed those shelfs to give rooms for books on sports. No offense, but why is that in the world should they remove the MEDIA's shelfs just for that reason?

If I were in the management unit, I would rather reduce the area for stationeries and accommodate more shelfs for books and by doing so, I don't think they need to sacrifice those shelfs for media books. Duh. The BORDERS scores a little better compared to MPH. They still keep their shelfs for books on media studies, although most of the books they have in store aren't really useful to help readers understand media as a whole. But at least, they still have that 'MEDIA' label (even just a small one compared to anything else they got in the store).

Earlier this morning, my instinct urged me to give KINOKUNIYA a try. At the point of trying my luck, I was just doing it for the sake of trying. To my great surprise, KINOKUNIYA gives good signs that the shop stores heterogeneous titles pertaining to media studies.

And on top of that, there is where I found my very very dear WE THE MEDIA: Grassroot Journalism, Journalism by the People, for the People. I've been hunting for this book like all my entire life. This is the perfect book to give me almost everything that I need to learn about Citizen Journalism- the area of my thesis. Written by the Father of Citizen Journalism, Dan Gilmor, it's one of my worthwhile investments in this life!

The dismal I had in me finally disappeared.

All that left in me is the reason to heartily appreciate those books I got today and make full use of both.

In the course of searching for both books, I came across various books that are pretty relevance to both of my thesis and interest. But, I can't afford to buy all books in one shot. Or else, it's going to cost me more than RM1k today. Ho.

I know I have to do that phase by phase. So, I'm going to start treasuring the first two books before I can get the additional ones in the near future. That's a real excitement!

I had beutiful moments dislodging the books from it shelfs in the store. Standing next to me was a guy who was in the same shoes like me. He was hunting for books as well (and quite cute though. Hah). Media books to be exact. Both of us got a list in grip. He explained that he needs books for better references. He's doing his PhD now. I went like wow! So, we did the dislodging together.

And after Maghrib, I went out for coffee with my besties- Alys, Tiqah and Farha. While we were purchasing the drinks, that's when we realized that we should halt supports on anything that relates with the America and Israel. Hah. Apa nak kata. Duit pong da bayaq waktu tu.
(but those books I loved to death came from the America. Peh.)

Out of the wrong place we were, the four of us had a lovely gabfest over latte, donut and sandwich. It has been ages since the last time we spent our time for a date like this (we always call this exquisite moments as date). I'm totally blessed to have friends like these beutiful and generous girls.

On top of that, I'm so happy knowing good news from Alys and Farha! No matter whatever awaits us in the future, we knew that this solidarity is forever! Ameen.



LOVE is in the air!


2 comments:

AieSha said...

tak nak rujuk kat aku ke.. ;p

KERISMAWATI said...

Aie,
Kene rujuk ka?